Friday, August 04, 2006

Question asked in "profile building"

While updating my profile, I decided to change my random question. I received this one, that I really liked. "Hurry! the children are waiting. Tell the story about the bald frog with a wig."

I love to tell stories, and so I did. However, upon saving, I realized that my story was 158 words too long!! Sad. So, I changed questions and decided to publish the story here.

One day, as I was walking through the forest, I stepped over what looked like a mossy green rock. To my suprise, it stood up and started talking to me! "I say, good fellow," it began, "would you like to join me for a spot of tea?" "Me?" I asked, confused by the fact that the rock was talking. I mean, I've heard of pet rocks, but this is ridiculous! I bent down and grabbed the rock so that I might see it better, but it wasn't a mossy rock! It was a frog with hair!! Everyone knows that frogs are bald so I decided to stay for tea to find the answer to the mysterious hair.

"Excuse me, sir," I said in my most polite voice, "I don't mean to be rude but I've never seen a frog with hair before. If you don't mind my asking, how did you get hair?" The frog looked furtively around the forest and said, "I don't want anyone else to hear, but if you really want to know, bend your ear down to me and I will whisper it to you." I did as he asked and laid down on the ground.

"It's not real hair," he whispered, "it's a wig!" As I gasped in shock I felt a sharp pain in my ear lobe - the frog had bit me! Frog teeth must contain sedatives, for I fell asleep where I lay!

When I woke up, the sun had set, taking the heat of the day with it. I groggily sat up and looked around me. The frog was nowhere to be seen. However, pinned to my shirt was a tiny piece of paper. It read, "Sorry, old chap. Didn't want to trick you, but I didn't think you'd give your hair willingily. Wigs have become the new fashion for frogs and yours was so long and beautiful - I couldn't resist. But don't worry, at least your's will grow back! Signed, Arminius J. Froggerton, mayor of Frogville."

I slowly reached my hand to my head, hoping that this was all a dream, but it wasn't! All my beautiful long hair had been chopped off by that conniving, treacherous frog!
I slowly trudged out of the forest - sad, cold, and thirsty.

Alright boys and girls, story time is over. Now its time for milk and cookies! Or in my case, scrambled eggs on toast.

No comments: