Friday, August 11, 2006

Answered Prayer

So many things have been happening lately that I think are noteworthy, so let's see if I can be brief. This week is RAT week - RA training. We have a great group of students who are excited and passionate and I am blessed to be a part of their training. But, somebody must be praying for me. I am normally one giant stress ball at this point of the year, and now I feel calm - blissful even. I still have my moments of stressfulness (my nature hasn't changed that way), but I feel good.

I have been a Christian for a while now, but I still struggle with walking up to complete strangers and talking about Christ. Isn't it amazing to know that I am not responisble for someone else's salvation! Only God can save! And so, last night we took the RA's to the Ronald McDonald House to serve dinner to the families staying there. If you don't know, the Ronald McDonald House is an inexpensive place of residence for families with children in Children's Hospital (at least the one that we went to is). I was apprehensive because I knew we were going there but I wanted to serve these people by doing more than just making dinner. So I prayed. I praise God for the openings that He gave me! I praise God for working through my stumbling and working through my fear! I was able to talk with two different women - the conversation starters were some of the last things I would have ever thought of. Even as things faltered God still worked. Praise God that we serve a God who is bigger than our thoughts, bigger than our imagination, bigger than you or me! That we serve a God who is sovereign, mighty, powerful, just, holy, compassionate - a peace giver, hope-sustainer, life-maker, Saviour.

It was a beautiful night. And then, when we got to sharing time, what a praise session that became! One after another, the RA's just opened up and shared what God has been doing in their lives! What a glorious time that turned out to be - 13 adults praising God, reading Scripture, loving, learning, and growing together and in Christ!

Pray for:
Rhonda and Anyah - mom and 11 day old baby, health
Canyon McCall - 2 1/2 year old, open heart surgery and complications
unnamed nun - brain surgery, aneurisym, biological sister from Colorado lost luggage and credit cards etc. on flight, church unwilling to support because sister is utilizing her power of authority over nun and not relinquishing it to the church
Amanda - sister with leukemia and complications
My family as they go through a series of health complications - gall stones, broken wrist, heart attack


Praise God from whom all blessings flow. Praise Him all creatures here below. Praise Him all ye hevenly host. Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

1 comment:

Sarah Marie said...

I am excited to see what happens for the coming RAT week....