Saturday, April 05, 2008

Ode to Spring...2003

Sarah, Since you liked my last poem I thought I would post another oldie. This was written in Spring of 2003 during a class break for my Missions and Mercy Night Class. I had a friend (who is now married) that had recently been hurt by mixed signals from a guy. This is my "Ode to Spring".

Ouch! He pulled my hair!
And then he pushed me down the stairs!
In the third grade,
All the valentines made,
Are flushed, because boys have cooties!

A note! By a boy it was wrote!
Passed in front of the teacher, he gloats!
Seventh grade is the best,
Check no or check yes,
Um…can I pick maybe?

The prom! My stomach plummets like a bomb!
Do you think? Will he ask me, Mom?
Senior year is here,
Guys, get yourselves in gear,
What happened to your confidence?

Games! Games are so lame!
Played by the mind, we’re both to blame.
We’re in college dear,
Wait! It’s university here,
Missouri Baptist Bridal Society.

Hurry, hurry, hurry, we’re always in a hurry!
Rush through life, be a wife, all the time we worry!

Wait! Where will we find our mate?
Who am I going to date?
Look to God now,
He planned the who and the how,
In Him I trust.

Marie Tudor 2003

1 comment:

Sarah Marie said...

Love love love the poem....It is so true. I had a revelation yesterday I shall tell you about it. And the picture....those are two hot women.....