Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Lazy childhood days

While today wasn't exactly a lazy day, it definitely made me reminisce.  First, I decided to stay home to finish grading New Testament papers and tests which means I got to wake up with the sunshine.  That was a BEAUTIFUL feeling!  Then I decided that I would do some laundry while grading...although I have to say that I HATE doing laundry.  I deal with it because I prefer clean clothes (don't we all) but I would much rather clean the bathroom than do laundry.  I know, I know, it sounds like I am getting off-track, but I promise, this fits the childhood theme.  I got home (my apartment doesn't have washer/dryer hook-ups - maybe this is why I hate doing laundry...) and realized that not all my clothes were dry.  So I got out my little dry rack and hung them outside.  I honestly can't remember I dried my clothes outside...I probably haven't done that since my grandparents moved when I was thirteen.

As exciting as sun-dried clothes are, that isn't even the best part.

As I was sitting on my living room floor grading papers I turned on the TV for some background noise.  I flipped through the guide fully expecting to find nothing of value on...but lo and behold!  Boomerang, that beautiful channel with old cartoons!  THE SNORKS WAS ON TV!  I loved that show when I was a kid.  I even had the Snorks puzzle which made me the cool kid on the block.

To cap the whole day off, I snacked on a No-sugar Added Fudgesicle after I finished all the grading.

What a WONDERFUL DAY!

2 comments:

Sarah Marie said...

I prefered the smurfs sorry but I'm glad you had a great day.

Jacob said...

i don't prefer either.

good story, marie :)